Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Little Blythe Doll

Do any of you remember Blythe Dolls? Good, me either. Apparently one of James friends does though (and James of course since he knows everything about every toy in the world). When his friend saw Keaton a bit ago he said, "Oh he looks like a Blythe doll" To which I said, "Not really sure what that is dude" and he replied, "They are dolls from the 70's with huge heads and gigantic eyes" and then I am all, "Did you just call my baby a freak cause I will karate chop you"

Apparently they are adorable though so all is good. I can kinda see it too. The head, little heart shaped face, and ginormous eyes...Keats is a blythe.

Take this one for example:
Photobucket

Now imagine it with green eyes and more browny blond hair:
Photobucket

And imagine it's not a girl, total Keats.
Photobucket
Photobucket

A little side by side viewage:
Photobucket

Ahhh, my Keats the doll. I should really stop saying these things in front of him though don't want him to get a big(ger) head.
Photobucket
Photobucket

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh he is just too cute...he does look a little like the doll...I think he is better looking! I am gonna say it again. I LOVE your black and whites!
Cari

S.Kremer said...

Oh My goodness, that is so funny:)
Shawna (shawkrem)

pat said...

Oh, Bobbi, I laughed out loud at the side-by-side!!! I think he is waaaaay cuter than that doll. He is just adorable.

Sharon said...

I am old enough but I don't remember them either. I think Keats is way cuter!

Mom2Drew said...

OMgosh...that DOES look like Keats...wow. Both are super cute and wow is he a heartbreaker.

Michelle said...

oh yes, he is just a doll! and how funny that he actually bears a resemblence to the doll. love those big eyes of his--they pull me in every time.

Becky said...

Ouch, quit making me laugh--it hurts! I've missed you, Bobbi. That is a totally freaky comparison.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh that is so funny! dont remember those dolls and I was a child in the 70's. They look alot like the bratts dolls from today, except much ctuer. those bratts dolls are creapy!

Jess said...

Awww, but Keats is SO much cuter than that doll! I have to admit, I had no clue what a Blythe doll is either. Maybe WE just aren't OLD enough, LOL. ;)

Keva said...

He is sooo cute. Such perfect little features. Oh and those curls. He is a doll! Beautiful photos.

Mandy said...

Idk, Bobbi...I think he is just WAY cuter than that doll. I am not seeing it. He is totally less plastic looking. :)

Suzy said...

Oh how cute! I don't remember those dolls but I can see the resemblance. What a sweetie!

xoCIGARS.com said...

Very pleasant and cute blog post as well as your images also. I love this Blythe Doll and just ordered at PIJ. Hope this lovely doll get in a week.
http://bit.ly/blythejp




About Me

I am a 27 year old wife, friend, and mother. I am a take it one day at a time kinda gal. I love to have fun and capture memories. I believe that a positive attitude makes a postive life so have a great day and enjoy my blog :) Thank you for looking and taking an interest.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones