Monday, February 4, 2008

Random Post!

I have absolutely no idea why I took this picture :) I think I was inspired by Jess's big little things post...plus I was home alone with nothing to shoot.

This is our wedding cake topper. My husband makes custom action figures for fun, so of course he would alter a couple of action figures to look like us and use as a cake topper...and I really loved it. The figures are from corpse bride and he painted the guys suit and the girls hair and dress. I have this sitting on my shelf in my living room so I can see it everyday. I probably should have left it there for the picture instead of this bright green but what can you do?
Photobucket

Here are some of the pics of it from my wedding day. I have to note here per my sisters request that the cake looks like that on purpose. I really wanted a topsy imperfect cake cause I am quirky like that. I loved it and think she did a great job, but she was so upset that she thought people would just think she messed up my cake.

All my wedding pics were by Steph Carson who is truely amazing. If you want to see some one of a kid super fun wedding photography check out her site.
(http://stephaniecarson.com/)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

32 comments:

Robert E. Morgan, Jr. said...

Marriage is topsy-turvy too, so you might as well have a cake that personifies that feeling.=)

Mom2Drew said...

Love the figurine and the cake is super! I had a unique cake topper too, I'll have to take a pic of it someday soon.

Anonymous said...

I love those cake toppers how stinkin cool are they! LOVE THEM!
Cari

Anita said...

How cool!! Thanks for sharing them!

Shawna said...

That is the coolest!! So cute and so fun to keep on display and look at everyday! He is very talented!

Melissa said...

What a neat cake topper! I love the green!

Sara said...

What fun! Definately not the every day, usual kind of thing. Love that!

HC said...

Love it! We had a custom cake topper made for our wedding ... it was made out of clay!! We have it displayed in our dining room ... I love looking at it every day :)

Great photos ... awesome colors and I love the green background.

Danielle said...

So cute. I really love your wedding cake. I think it's fun to do the non traditional cakes.

--sme said...

I actually like the green behind the figures, give a fun pop to it! Fun shots

Jess said...

I LOVE your cake toppers! I just had a generic plastic bride & groom. Your cake is awesome too, I am weird like that and that's something I would have picked out too! ;)

Chell said...

AWESOME. Those are some great figures.

Unknown said...

Crazy cool! Love, love it!

lcp said...

What a great topper! and great focus in you image.

Debbi said...

Thank you for sharing these with us! What a fun topper and cake - so original!

Tori said...

Love the topper as well as the cake! Those are awesome!

Michelle said...

oh how fun! that is so cool that you have a custom designed cake topper! and by your husband no less!! awesome. and i really like it against the green.

Merilee said...

What a funny cake topper. I love it and the crooked cake, it has so much personality.

Margaret said...

These are great! I love the cake topper, and love the look of it with the green wall behind it. Your cake was very funky,too!

Angelica said...

What a cool cake topper and you're wedding cake is too funny :)

Kimberly said...

I love it!! Very cool.

Kathy P said...

cool topper! very unique! i really like the image! it's cool to see different things on these POTD blogs! :)

Amy said...

The cake topper is too cute and so original! The cake is pretty too!

Mandy said...

Holy MOLY! That is so awesome. What a talent! The cake is stunning too...marriage is so crazy, and a topsy turvy cake is definitely appropriate.

Sharon said...

I love the green wall! This is great!

Jen said...

I love this! Those figures are awesome! And the cake is perfect... topsy-turvy - just like marriage....

Becky said...

That is awesome! Love it against the green wall. Looks like your wedding was unique and fun. I'd love to see more photos of it.

Just Being Sam said...

That is so different and cute. Great shots.

pakosta said...

these are adorable!
and great shots!
tara

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Wow!!! Those are great. How fun and unique!

mamawest777 said...

Fantastic! Love the green!!

Liz said...

LOVE that cake topper and how cool that your DH created it for you. So much better than the crappy plastic bride and groom I had.




About Me

I am a 27 year old wife, friend, and mother. I am a take it one day at a time kinda gal. I love to have fun and capture memories. I believe that a positive attitude makes a postive life so have a great day and enjoy my blog :) Thank you for looking and taking an interest.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones