Thursday, December 11, 2008

Keaton the Red Nosed Baby

had a very shiny nose...ok now that song is stuck in my head.

I feel like this year has just slipped though my fingers and keeps going so fast, even these last few weeks.

On to catching up. Keats had his first emergency room visit last week! At least he made it to almost two years, Blaze only made it four weeks before having surgery(scariest day of my life to date)

What happened you ask? Well lets just say there were two little monkeys jumping on the bed and one fell off and bumped his nose. One of the monkeys (who shall remain nameless but is the bigger monkey) knew very much to not jump on the bed and that little monkey loved to do whatever big monkey did.

Anyways so Keats hit his nose and it bruised up a bit and when he sneezed there was a tiny bit of blood. I will say one parent thought he needed to go to the hospital and the other thought he would probably be in more pain if it was broken and that he was probably ok. The more concerned parent here will remain nameless , but if you think it was me you are wrong lol ;) I kid, I love how concerned my husband was and I think if there is ever a doubt about your childs well being go to the hospital.

So to the hospital we went and waited for 2 hours and it was just a bruise so all is ok. Blaze was a mess this whole time. He kept crying that he had hurt Keaton and he was going to puke cause he felt so bad. We explained to him that he didnt know Keaton would get hurt but that now he understood why he wasn't supposed to jump on the bed.

Here are a couple of snapshots of my baby's first boo-boo. Had to happen someday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These were actually taken a few days after the incident so it did look a lot worse immediately after. Good thing I already took my Christmas pictures-and Keats is back to normal now.

12 comments:

Reds said...

Poor baby!!! Glad all is OK - he is still adorable, even with the red nose!! :)

~Jenn H~ said...

Poor Keats!! Kiss the tip of that little nose for me. :(

April said...

Aw, poor little man!! Maybe he can borrow daddy's new beard to make him happy. :)

pat said...

Oh my goodness, Bobbi, he is adorable with that boo-boo! Love the first shot, and that last one is just precious. Hard lesson for B to learn, but thankful that it was only a skinned nose!

Anonymous said...

Poor guy. Love that you documented it.
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

Oh gosh...I feel bad for them both for different reasons. I keep waiting for our ER visit.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Poor baby! My fave is the last one, it looks like he's saying, "look at me!"

Jen said...

And he looks so innocent! Great pictures though! Hes such a cutie!

Becky said...

How seasonal! I bet Blaze was more traumatized than Keaton. He still looks adorable.
P.S. My beards were much cheaper (48 cents each) than yours. :-D

Lauren Hartman said...

Awwww, what a little cutie. Glad all is well and that he didn't break it. So, I'[d imagine the motto throughout your house is now "no more monkeys jumping on the bed." ;)

Amy said...

Happy to hear that he's okay and what a perfect time of year to have a red-nose! :)

Mandy said...

Oh goodness GRACIOUS! Poor baby. I am like you and my husband is like your husband. But somehow we always manage to end up at the emergency room because it really is better to be safe than sorry.

He looks like he is doing his model pose in that last shot, Bobbi. That kid just cracks me up.




About Me

I am a 27 year old wife, friend, and mother. I am a take it one day at a time kinda gal. I love to have fun and capture memories. I believe that a positive attitude makes a postive life so have a great day and enjoy my blog :) Thank you for looking and taking an interest.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones