Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Self Portraits

I have some more cute pictures from the other day at the park but I thought I would give you a break from my boys for a day :)

I hate self-portraits- really hate them. I think it is because I am so much cuter in real life then in pictures. Not in a conceited way- I am just really not photogenic. I am uncomfortable in front of the camera, pictures are always taken at a bad angle,I feel like a dork smiling at the camera...in general I just look like a goober. It's so funny that I can make other people comfortable in front of the camera but not myself.

I am trying to get over this and one week am going to assign myself to doing a self-portrait a day. I really am going to challenge myself to get out of the box for some fun pictures....first I have to master on focus with self-portraits though. I struggle with that.

My husband did take a couple pics of me though...he was so funny he kept turning the camera at an angle-like a huge angle. I asked him why he was doing that and he said "It's all about angles baby" He was getting a little too into it...he didn't do bad though especially for low light outside with a slower SS. I put it in AV mode for him:
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Here is one I took myself earlier in the day when my makeup wasn't as worn off so it looked a bit better....still goobery though :)

Don't you love my fake half smiles? Lol- I seriously feel like a dork smiling at the camera...I just need people to take my pictures when I don't know they are there or I am distracted.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

And just to throw this out there- if you havn't seen the movie Hotrod watch it- hilarious.

24 comments:

Scrapper88 said...

I think it looks great. We are all our own worst critics.. but I def know what you mean.. the mirror says Im cuter.. but the camera? no way!! LOL- good to SEE you! And smile girl!

Reds said...

I think your pics look great! both the ones your husband took and the one you took! Nice seeing you!

Val said...

You look very pretty. I feel you on not being photogenic though! I hate myself in photos, 9 times out of 10.

Stacey said...

Great photos! I actually prefer the first set... IMO, you look prettier with less makeup.

Ashley said...

Cute photos! I agree with Scrapper88 - we're our own worst critics. I think the photos are cute. And I love your tat!

Becky said...

I think most of us hate photos of ourselves. You certainly shouldn't; you are beautiful. I'd love to see a big ole smile on your face though. :-) Your DH did a great job with the angle.

Sharon said...

I'm not sure you could get much cuter, you look great!

Margaret said...

I think you look great! I hate to be the one in front of the camera, too! But you shouldn't feel that way!

pakosta said...

you are super pretty!
you are too self critical~!
he needs to make you laugh so you can look natural. tell him to say something FUNNY for you to laugh at!!!
you're gorgeous though!
tara

Jason said...

Great shots! I really like the B/W conversion on the last one.

Nicole said...

I think these are great. You have awesome hair and beautiful skin! Definately your self protratit is worth taking.

Michelle said...

i think you both did a great job! you are so cute--you look really familiar too. so nice to finally "meet" you!

Donnah C said...

I think you look great - my fave is the black and white. I really hate photos of me - I think we are our worst critics.

Amanda said...

I think you are beautiful. I love them all! You have the best hair color! Is that natural. I could never get color like that. :(

And your lips...I know that seems weird, but I love them. They are so perfect.

Jess said...

WELL.... I don't know what YOU see but I think you are STUNNING! Seriously! I always hate pics of myself too though, so I understand. I always think I look dorky or it's a bad angle or I am smiling weird or I have my eyes open too wide... I always have something to nit-pick about myself. When we get together we should make a point to take some shots of each other!

OK, off to add Hotrod to my Netfliz cue. :)

pat said...

Nice shots--I think your DH did a great job! Do any of us EVER like our own photos???

Shawna said...

Your hubby did a great job! You look great.. I think we all hate self-portraits, they seem so unnatural!

Emily Weaver Brown said...

I think you are gorgeous but I know what you mean I always hate the way I look in photos.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Very nice! I think these are great, the second one is my favorite! :)

Tori said...

look at you! You look great.... definitely not "goobery" at all! :) i hear you about feeling silly smiling at the camera. this is why i'm rarely in front of it! :)

mel said...

I think they look great! props to your hubby for getting into it and great job on the self portrait!

Suzy said...

These are Beautiful!

Creative Angie P said...

has anyone ever told you that you remind them of Drew Barrymore? I think you pics came out great!

About Me

I am a 27 year old wife, friend, and mother. I am a take it one day at a time kinda gal. I love to have fun and capture memories. I believe that a positive attitude makes a postive life so have a great day and enjoy my blog :) Thank you for looking and taking an interest.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones