Thursday, April 2, 2009

March 27th, 2004

Photobucket

James,

Who knew that on this date I was going to find the person I would spend the rest of my life with? Certainly not me. I wasn't looking for love and especially not at a indoor "backyard" type wrestling show that my friend Heather was in. As a matter of fact as my friend Rachel and I were getting ready to go and show our support she commented, "I bet there will be a lot of hot guys there." And I laughed and informed her there was no way. And it turns out I was right. There were far from tons. In fact there was just one.

It was a rough start. You were there with your friends heckling and yelling at the wrestlers and I commented to Rachel about how annoying you guys were. Then a rather large wrestler came out called The Regulator to which you yelled, "The Regulator needs to regulate his carbs!" and along with everyone else there I cracked up. And then I saw you, and I told Rachel I would have your number by the end of the night. I found out later it was a rough start for you too. Apparently you were upset when you started the wave and we stopped it. I officially apologize.

I snagged Heather at the end of the show to see if she had any info, luckily you two were friends. So I told Heather to give you my number and see if you wanted to get some food with us. Before she asked you I saw you talking to another friend of mine, and decided to go to the bathroom which was located where you were talking. On my way there I made some lame comment to my friend about a light saber since Heather had informed me that you were a nerd (lol not in those words).

When I got back Heather handed me your number (second time I was right that night!) but you didn't join us for dinner. I would later find out Heather forgot to ask. Love you Heather! I did get some more information though from Heather and asked her not to tell you I had a child...I like to give this information myself. She said she wouldn't say anything.

The next day you called me (yay!)and the first words out of your mouth were, "So I hear you have a son." Apparently Heather had already given you that information before I told her not to say that and she didn't know what to say when I asked her not to tell you. Love you again Heather.

If there was ever such a thing as a perfect conversation then it happened in those four hours. I learned so much about you that made me feel connected. We had the same favorite discontinued chip (Pizzerias), we both had our moms cook our same favorite meal every year for our birthday (stroganoff) and we had the same favorite episode of Punky Brewster (where she gets stuck in the refrigerator while playing hide and seek). I should have known then that you were my match...maybe I did.

We talked for hours on the phone every night before our first date that Thursday on April Fools. They were the most ridiculous, amazing coverstaions ever full of "Deep Thoughts" quotes and watching MXC at the same time.

The first date was as perfect as those first conversations, I was on cloud nine. But I was leaving for a weekend trip with my friends the next day. As it would turn out I spent the whole vacation with you on the phone. When I got back I couldn't wait to see you.

And this has maintained throughout our relationship. When I am not with you, I think of you and cannot wait to see you. Every first with you has been amazing. I could write so much more if only I had all the time in the world. You are amazing. You are helpful to everyone. You just have so much kindness in your heart. You are hands down the smartest, funniest person I have ever met. You make me feel like I am the most beautiful woman in the world. You are everything I want our sons to grow up to be. You are amazing. It's worth saying twice.

So a day late (of course) Happy Anniversary. I love you.

Bobbi

My poor ring has seen much better days:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

14 comments:

pat said...

...sigh.... just perfect, Bobbi.

Suzy said...

How romantical!!

Shanna Jones said...

AAAwwwwwww...how sweet!

Steph said...

Awwww. Wonderful of you to record your story!

R.A. BNKetti said...

what a great story! Happy anniversary!

Nicki said...

Happy [belated] Anniversary!

Reds said...

so sweet - what a beautiful love story! TFS!

Unknown said...

Beautiful. That brought tears to me eye. TFS!

Farrah Jobling said...

awwww...that's so touching. Happy Anniversary!

Mandy said...

GIRL...I am crying. Goodness. Love is amazing, and I can tell how happy you are with him.

And although you and James *think* that you were correct about this episode of Punky Brewster, that is actually wrong. It wasn't Punky, it was Cherri who go stuck in the refrigerator. Yup. You can check me on this but I am pretty sure that I am right.

You were a STUNNING bride...holy crap. I think I have seen these pics before, but every time I see them, I can see just how much of a connection you guys have.

Lauren Hartman said...

What a great post, you two are a lovely couple! Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Great story. tfs. Happy Anniversary!

Angela2932 said...

What sweet words! Happy Anniversary!

Becca said...

What a lovely, romantic letter! Tfs your story!




About Me

I am a 27 year old wife, friend, and mother. I am a take it one day at a time kinda gal. I love to have fun and capture memories. I believe that a positive attitude makes a postive life so have a great day and enjoy my blog :) Thank you for looking and taking an interest.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones